I’ve written several articles on Sitepoint a few years ago, mostly which revolves around beginner topics of WordPress. Below is the summary of the posts (in no particular order) for archiving purposes. You can also view my author page here.
- An Introduction to Asset Handling in WordPress - Basic summary of enqueuing assets in WordPress with some tips and tricks for beginners.
- An Introduction to the WP_Error Class - Guide on working with
WP_Errorand how to handle them.
- Speed up Development Using the WordPress Plugin Boilerplate - First part of working with the WordPress plugin boilerplate.
- The WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Part 2: Developing a Plugin - Second part of the series, which is working with real-life plugin implementation.
- The WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Part 3: The Last Steps - Final part of the series where the frontend part of the plugin is implemented.
- Handling POST Requests the WordPress Way - Quick guide on working with
- Working with Databases in WordPress - A basic introduction for working with databases in WordPress, specifically using
- Better WordPress Development Workflow with WordPlate - Tutorial on using WordPlate, the earlier version.
- Quick Tip: Preventing WordPress Plugin Incompatibilities - Primer on preventing WordPress plugin activation if the conditions aren’t met.
- Enabling AJAX File Uploads in Your WordPress Plugin - Implementation of AJAX uploads with progress using